Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Wish Us Luck

Most everyone knows that I live in a house that has gone through a major transformation in the past two years. Bob bought this house based soley on the fact that the house has amazing views of the mountains and it is on a half acre. If I had seen the house, we would not have bought it. Trust me. But, we are making lemonade out of lemons and turning this place into a nice warm home. We've removed walls, moved stairs, redone HVAC, had insulation blown into the interior walls, have new drywall on most walls, replaced structural beams, replaced every window in the house except for three, moved the front door and created a new room out of an underutilized space under the house - the list goes on. We've had more done to this place than you could imagine. But, of course, we are now out of money but not out of projects.

Most of the projects aren't of too grand a scale except for my poor little art room. This is a space under the house that was used for storage and I wanted to use it for a room for myself and the kids. Most of the really tough stuff is finished already. We had the structural beams moved, a window installed, cement flooring and retaining wall built, and electricity pulled in. Now we just need to finish the room. It needs drywall, insulation (actually just more of it), cabinets built, a drop ceiling put in, tile put on the retaining wall and some pergo-like flooring installed. There is still so much to do.

I would really love to have this room finished so I can use it, but there are always so many projects that Bob has to work on.

Then I had an epiphany while watching DIY (Do It Yourself) Network. They have a show called DIY to the Rescue and they were asking for people to submit their most daunting do it yourself projects for them to help with. I knew just the project they could tackle!

Soooooooooooooooooo, I just finished my online application and need to do a little 5 minute video that I will burn to CD and mail to them to finish the application. I had to take a picture to attach to my online app to give them an idea of my room. Let's just hope they take pity on me and decide to take on my room! I'll let you know!

No comments: