Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bag Lady Party

I went to my very first Bag Lady Party tonight. When I was invited last week I had no idea what it was and it had to be explained to me. A group of ladies go to someone's house and they bring a bag of clothes that they no longer like or wear. After some snacks and visiting, everyone starts to sift through the clothes to see if they like anything that someone else brought and they take them home.

Isn't that a cool idea? It really is in theory. As I found out tonight, it really only works if there are people there that are roughly the same size as you are. I am 5' 9". Everyone at this party was 5' 1" to 5' 3". Most of the clothes that were there ranged in size from 3-6. I haven't worn a size 6 since my freshman year in high school. Don't get me wrong, I was a string bean in high school - but my body is just built bigger than that. I had taken some of my old maternity clothes and some of my really cute shoes that no longer fit because my feet grew. Luckily, someone has a girlfriend that is my size and preggo so she was able to take the clothes. The other ladies liked my old shoes.

I really did have a fun time at the party. My sister in law, Debbie K., came over and babysat so I could go to the party. I hadn't had a chance to sit and visit with other mothers without a child present since Alexis was born. Sooooooooooooooooo nice! I feel so refreshed! It is also nice to get to know some of my other neighbors better. I live in a fabulous neighborhood (hence another reason to fix up this house instead of sell it and move) with the nicest people around.

Don't worry, I didn't leave the party empty handed. Katya got a cute grey skirt and 2 pairs of Ambercrombie & Fitch shorts in size 4. She was very happy. That and I also scored her some more babysitting jobs while I was there. I racked up some good Mommy points tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, but I would worry that no one would want my old stuff and then I would go away with a complex. :(