Friday, April 6, 2007

Thank goodness for the pause button

I seriously don't remember the last time that Bob and I sat down to watch a movie at home without having to pause the movie at least three times. Tonight we were watching, or rather trying to watch, the movie "Stranger Than Fiction". I believe that for all the baby crying, diaper changing, milk fetching, toddler fussing, and telephone ringing we must have paused that movie at least twenty times. Not even kidding.

At home we pay extra on our cable bill every month for a DVR. It is worth every penny. There are shows that we like to watch and I seriously believe that we wouldn't be able to see them if we had to watch them real time. Bob likes to record AMA Supercross, we are both addicted to "Grey's Anatomy" and "Numb3rs", and there are special programs that we like to record occasionally like the series about those climbers going to the top of Mt. Everest and the current "Planet Earth" series. And we don't want to leave out all of those Sesame Street episodes that we record every week for when Alexis needs some wind down time. Considering that Bob frequently works late into the evening most nights, Katya and I can watch these shows and save them for when Bob has time himself. This way we both can watch the shows for when they work into our schedule.

With all the time that I spend nursing, I really appreciate having something to watch "on demand". Plus, with all of my frequent interruptions that I get from Alexis or the telephone or the front door, I don't miss anything because of those lovely pause and rewind buttons.

No comments: