Monday, April 9, 2007

The 3 "M" Medicines

Our medicine cabinet has many things in there, but right now there are three main medicines that are considered critical right now. If we are out of one of them, it is reason enough for someone to get in the car and drive to the grocery store to get more. I was just laughing with Bob the other day that these medicines all start with "M".

Mylicon is for Logan. He is a major little gas maker. His poor little tummy is always a bit hard and he fusses every night because it hurts him. He is an air gulper on top of that so he always needs to be burped and he can belch as loud as a man. And those toots are something of a mystery to me. He has farts that sound like they came from an adult. How that much air can come out of one so small seems not possible. I sure hope that he outgrows all this gassiness. I don't want to have to send him to school with Gas X.

Motrin is for Alexis. Alexis is still working on those same four teeth that she started getting in January. None of the four have fully come in yet and there is one other tooth that is pushing on her gums. Poor baby is always a bit grumpy when it comes to her mouth. If we don't give her a dose of Motrin before bedtime, she will almost always wake up crying around three in the morning. I meet other children and they all have at least eight teeth and poor Alexis has 2 1/2. I think we should be able to buy Motrin in the gallon size.

Midol is for Katya. Puberty is hard enough without having to get used to that "time of the month". Luckily there is medicine to make those times a bit easier on her as well as everyone else in the house. I wish I had known about Midol when I was in Jr High. Or did it even exist way back in those dark ages? My mother swears that I just sat in my bedroom and stewed for two years and occasionally she would throw some raw meat my way.

2 comments:

Mandee said...

Your mom is funny! I started my . in 5th grade. How horrible is that? It was then that I swore I would never have any daughters, because no one should have to go through that kind of torture. I didn't realize that God would take me seriously. Hence, my 3 boys.

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at your comment about your mom right now.....I can TOTALLY hear her saying that!