Friday, April 27, 2007

Katya's Second Track Meet of the Season

Katya had her second track meet yesterday afternoon and she ROCKED it again!

This meet was held at her middle school and it included Tumalo Middle School, Jefferson County Middle School and Gregory Middle School (from Redmond). The weather couldn't have been more different than last week. I went all ready for some seriously cold weather, but it stayed in the 70's most of the day. I had changed into a long sleeved shirt and I roasted most of the meet.

Thankfully, Ginger babysat Alexis for me so I could concentrate on watching Katya. Also, Debbie K. went for a while and she did a LOT of Logan holding for me so I could run around from event to event. Thank you, Debbie!!

Katya had decided to go ahead and give high jump a try and she had to run back and forth to it for a couple of hours as they raised it to the new heights until she couldn't clear the next height.

Katya's first running event was the 110 low hurdles. She had a clean race and came in FIRST! She had a nice lead towards the end and cleared each hurdle with some great form. I wish my camera would have caught some better pictures, but it has a delay sometimes. I like to try and catch her while she is airborne. Bummer!

The next race that she was in was the 200 meter dash. She was amazing in this race. She had a beautiful start and finished with some distance between her and the person behind her. Terren came up here to visit Katya for a week so she didn't have to fly this month. He took video of all of her races and he said he would burn me a copy so I can put them on You Tube to share.

Between the 200 and her 800 relay she finished out with high jump. Her highest jump was 3' 10". That is pretty darn good for just trying it out for the first time in a meet. I think there was only one girl that jumped higher than that and she had perfect form each time.

The last race of the meet is the 800 relay. They do things a bit different than my high school memories recall. There are four kids and each length that they run is 200 meters. Katya was the second leg of her relay and her team got FIRST place again! At this rate I do believe that Katya will be asked to go to the Division meet in May. She is doing so awesome!!

Katya has some really wonderful friends that came out with their mother's to support Katya and cheer her on. Her friend, Bailey, and her mother came out for a good hour or so to support her. Same with her Campfire leader and her daughter. They are some amazing friends. She has two more regular meets over the next two weeks, then is the Division meet. I am so glad that she is at least trying all these events. It is just a real ego booster when she does well.

3 comments:

Mandee said...

She is awesome! Tell her I said that!

Deby said...

I did and she says thank you. : )

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe she runs FAST ! She should be in a competition against Cheetah or Jaquar ! We're proud of her.. Way to Go Gal !

Laura, David, Dylan and Ryan