Thursday, May 1, 2008

Track & Field

It is track and field time again! Katya is really excited about the season this year and she is working really hard at improving her hurdling technique so she can hopefully do better than she did last year. She is also wearing her orthotics in her shoes so now her knees and hips don't hurt like they did last year.

She has had two track meets so far this season and there is one today in Madras (an hour away) that I will be missing due to distance + toddlers. I hate missing any of her games or meets, but sometimes that can't be helped. I'll make the one next week. High school track will be a challenge because the team will be going to places like Eugene, Klamath Falls and Salem. Yikes!

So far Katya is finishing in the top three for her heat regularly - which is awesome! Her 4 x 200 relay team just can't be beat at all this year and she will most likely be going to Districts in a couple of weeks for that event. At today's meet she is giving high jump another shot and she isn't sure if she wants to include the 200 as well. Four events during a meet is a lot.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Occidental Girl said...

My daughter is playing softball, and wouldn't you know most of her games are Monday and Wednesday nights when I have a math class at the same time?!? Stinks.

Laura and the family said...

Consider herself lucky to have you watching her event. My dad never watched me any sports I was involved. My mother only saw my game twice in my eight years of junior and high school due to attending university classes at the same time.