Saturday, May 31, 2008

Gorgeously Green

Trying to become even "greener" is my current obsession and this is my new bible.

I picked it up when I was going through COSTCO and it caught my eye. After all of a thirty second glance through it, I figured it looked pretty good. (With the two little ones, I don't have a chance to slow down and peruse slowly anymore)

It is fabulous! It has tons of ideas in it for going "green". Or at least "greener" than you might already be.

- She talks about makeup, face and hair products and what you probably are putting on your body now and some healthier options.
- She has a business name for a toothbrush company that will recycle your old toothbrush and turn it into patio furniture.
- She has home recipes for an alpha hydroxy masque and scented bath salts.
- She has all kinds of listings of companies that sell organic EVERYTHING. I'm talking t-shirts to shoes to makeup to sheets. So if you are so inclined to purchase organic linen something, you have a good source for it.
- She has ideas for your home as well that are simple and totally "do-able".

So, if you have been thinking of ways that you could go "greener", I highly recommend this book.

I can't afford all of her suggestions for lotions, potions and clothing - but she has good ideas, companies, and reasons behind why you should look further into this. I especially found her encouragement of thrift store and consignment shopping refreshing and finanacially appealing.

With everything costing more, the constant scare of poisioning from things made in China (food as well) and new studies encouraging people to go organic - trying to go as organic as you can just makes good sense.

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

I will have to take a look when I go to Costco for this book.

Apparently you had your mind running about this book and left it on blog at 1: 10 AM?? (Grin)