Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fashionista

Tonight myself, Katya and the two little ones finally made an appearance at one of the local trunk shows.

What is a trunk show? It is a gathering of small local stores / manufacturers of goods and they bring a sampling of their wares to peddle at discounted prices. (I had to learn what that meant after I moved here too)

My neighbor, Maya, makes fabulous handmade leather purses and she invites me to all of her trunk shows and I haven't been able to make any until now. Katya was so excited because some of her favorite little shops had a rack of clothes they were trying to get rid of cheap.

Let me just say this....Alexis is a natural born shopper. She LOVED every minute of being in there. At one point she had on some galoshes, a tutu, Katya's hat, some bracelets and was walking around with her new umbrella. I was SOOOO bummed I didn't have a camera with me.

Logan however, HATES shopping. He lasted all of five minutes before he started fussing.

We did pick up a few things that were too cheap to pass up: an umbrella for Alexis, some rain boots for Logan to grow into, a tutu for Alexis (she wouldn't take it off), an umbrella for Katya (the rainclouds on it have fangs) and a shirt with little pigs on it for Katya.

When we got home Alexis promptly put on Logan's rain boots again, pulled on a different hat and started prancing around the house in her new tutu and was carrying her umbrella. This time I had a camera! Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Mandee said...

She is so cute... and that trunk show sounds like so much fun! Wish Maddy and I could have been there!

Laura and the family said...

Oh how cute she is! Alexis sure has lots of improvising ideas on how she puts things together. Sounds like she may end up being a future fashion designer or choreographer:-)

Occidental Girl said...

That is the greatest outfit, ever! Sounds like you had fun.

J Fife said...

That Alexis is just adorable. She knows how to work it! I have a bag of shoes for her. I'll get Mike to pass them on to Bob next week.

-Julianne