Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Random Quote Meme

I was reading a post by The Little Things and she put out there a very interesting tag. I thought I would play along.

The tag is to complete a meme wherein the blogger picks out five quotes that resonate with you. She pointed toward this site, but I assume that any quotes will do. I had a hard time just picking five:

1. If men could only know each other, they would neither idolize nor hate. (Elbert Hubbard)

2. Those who face that which is actually before them, unburdened by the past, undistracted by the future, these are they who live, who make the best use of their lives; these are those who have found the secret of contentment. (Alban Goodier)

3. Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with. His mind was created for his own thoughts, not yours or mine. (Henry S. Haskins)

4. Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand. (Oprah Winfrey)

5. The important thing is not to stop questioning. (Albert Einstein)

If you so wish to tag yourself, please let me know so I can read your quotes!

2 comments:

Occidental Girl said...

I like the quotes you chose!

Laura and the family said...

I especially like the last ones... so I can become a scholar person.