Friday, May 23, 2008

New Appliances

It's that time - I am in need of some new appliances. To be more specific, a new fridge and stove.

I had to leave my beloved new stove with my townhome when I sold it, so I have been working with the ancient things that were in this house when I moved in. Yulk. But in the interest of saving $$$ (since the rest of the remodel took what I had) I have been making do.

This morning however, I found a good majority of my food in the fridge frozen. I told Bob that I was buying a new fridge and for once, he didn't object at all. It is a pretty good time for me to go and buy one since everything is on sale for Memorial Day weekend. So, this morning I loaded up the kids and hit Lowes and Home Depot to see what they have got.

My requirements:

- freezer on the bottom
- bottom freezer must be a pull out drawer
- white (little kids + stainless = unhappy mom)
- ice maker in the freezer

Not too specific. When I started looking this morning I saw everything with water and ice dispensers in the door and french doors on the top and freezer on the bottom. And the price range was HUGE! When I got home I did some measuring to see what space I had to work with and starting thinking if I really wanted an ice/water dispenser on the front. Not really. It is a mess when we visit my sister in law's house and I wouldn't want to lose the interior fridge room either. I was surprised how much money I will be saving by eliminating that. I'm talking $900. Wow. I admit that it is a nice thing to have, but maybe when the little ones are older I will step up for it.

I'm looking at this one right now:


Then when I was looking around Home Depot I noticed that all Maytag appliances are on sale (plus a Home Depot gift card + a Maytag rebate) this weekend soooooooooooooooooooooooo I figured it would be financially appropriate to look at a new stove! Again, not too extravagant but much nicer than what I have got.

I'm thinking about this one: This is so exciting!! I know it sounds totally lame - but I feel like I am in the kitchen at least three hours a day, so it would be such a treat to work with new appliances that don't require major scrubbers to clean (and still look dirty).

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

You are much braver to pick the white appliances.