Saturday, May 24, 2008

What I Actually Got

Ok, my desires were simple. Very practical and not too spendy. Nothing over the top.

But I forget, I am married to Bob. He overly inspects every aspect of all appliances from the hinges to the seals to the quality of the inside baskets. He also has definate opinions on how things look and he didn't want to buy anything that looked remotely cheap.
What I ended up with (as well as sticker shock):
A new Maytag freezer on the bottom fridge. It's stainless, in case you haven't noticed. Which means that now all the appliances must be replaced to match. Oh my.

and
A Bosch duel fuel slide-in oven. Also in stainless. Don't even ask what it cost.
They should all be here about June 4th and we will see how the install goes since I believe our cabinet is too short for the new fridge. Keep your fingers crossed that everything fits. I'm sure glad that Bob has lots of work right now.

8 comments:

Laura and the family said...

Cool! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you , so I can see my sister in law being happy cooking all over again with your brand new appliance.

Laura and the family said...

P.S. I know it is in the pain when you see lots of little hands on the refrigerator.. but at least it looks more fashionable :-)

Mandee said...

Beautiful! I love it when the man is willing to splurge... it's just so not typical!

Did you get the anti-finger-prints stainless version? We DON'T have that version... and it's painful.

Deby said...

I didn't even know they offered a anti-fingerprint version. We'll see what I ended up with when it gets here. I am thinking I may just move the babygate to block the kids out of the whole kitchen now.

Aimee said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

good luck with the new appliances hope the install goes smoothly!

Little Things said...

OMG, Deby. I'm SO JEALOUS. They're beautiful!!! Love the fridge, love the range MORE! WOW.

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

So glad that Bob had you step up. When you use something everyday for years and years it is so lovely to have just what you want.

Love you bunches