Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Two Wardrobes

Now that Spring is finally here after many, many, many false starts (snow off and on all darn April) - it is time to pull out the Spring/Summer wardrobe.

Ok, I am a native San Diegan. I had heard of people having a Summer and Winter wardrobe but didn't really fathom the concept of putting clothes away for months at a time. After all, my winter wardrobe consisted of the same sweatshirts, jackets and long sleeved shirts that I wore all year because I worked inside an air conditioned building. Granted, I did have a couple of nice sweaters that I would pull out when the weather dipped into the 50's but that was the extent of it.

We have a lot of clothes! It doesn't seem like we have that many clothes, but once you pull out the bins of capris and short sleeved t-shirts that you haven't seen in six months you realize that you are loaded down. Especially the babies. In order to make sure you have enough clothes for at least three clothing changes a day (accidents happen) you have quite a few clothes. It didn't really sink in until I was pulling out all of the short sleeved shirts, light cotton pants & capris, sundresses and shorts that I realized - my kids have clothes! Two drawers are for summer type clothing and two drawers are for winter type clothing. Plus one for just pajamas and swimsuits. Thank goodness for hand-me-downs.

Does this curtail the desire to go and pick up a new shirt at Costco? Nope. It just makes for one more shirt that will make it into the bin come October.

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

Out here, it feels like it is both winter and spring. I am still waiting for the warm sun to come out.