Monday, July 23, 2007

Visiting Aunties

Debbie K. decided to surprise Jane by flying two of her sisters, Lyn and Sharon, out here for a visit from North Carolina. Let me just say, they are two of the lovelies ladies you could ever hope to make the acquaintance of.

I had written to Lyn before and sent her baby announcements as well as our family newsletter and Christmas card. She even told me that she reads my blog! Hi Lyn!! She, having never met me before in my life, sent both of my babies shower gifts. She sent Alexis two super warm sleepers and she sent Logan some scrapbooking stuff (I just now have to actually START his baby book). How sweet was that? I didn't have Sharon's address, so I hadn't sent her anything. I have it now so I can fill up her mailbox with correspondance.

We had dinner with Lyn and Sharon a couple of nights and I went with them to the High Desert Museum one day. I had just the nicest time visiting with the both of them. I feel as though I have known them for much longer than the one week that they were here. Lyn is all Southern sweetness and sugar. In fact, Logan just couldn't get enough of her. (I think he has a thing for redheads.) Sharon is a bit more tenacious, but exceedingly sweet and thoughtful. Both of them are a most wonderful addition to my life. I thank them both for all the love and cuddles that they gave to Logan and Alexis while they were here.

I hope that we get to go to Asheville again some day (Bob and I went years ago) and pay them a visit. Bob, Patti and Debbie have two amazingly wonderful Aunties!

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

Oh, how nice of having a family coming out to see you and your kids.