Saturday, July 28, 2007

Elk Lake

Yesterday the chitlin's, Ginger, Danae and I joined my neighbor, Maya at Elk Lake for the afternoon.

I know that I live in a beautiful place. I have the most amazing views right out my windows. But on our way to the lake, I was awe struck by just HOW beautiful the area is about 30 minutes from my house. I couldn't believe it! The last time I saw nature as pretty as that was when I went to Banff in Canada when I was 26 years old.

Elk Lake has a beach side to it that is really, really shallow. There were lots of other mothers there with small children and the kids were all having the best time walking around the water and playing in the sand. Alexis had the best time! She played and played all day and just wore herself out. We are going back on Sunday with Bob to hang for the day.

Evidently we have a ton of lakes and I have now decided that it is my new goal to visit every area of every lake before winter sets in. Even if it means that we just do a bunch of hiking and don't actually go in the water at all.

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

I am SO GLAD you have outdoor kid activity for you guys.. It looks beautiful. And we will have to do it next summer.