Thursday, July 19, 2007

Alexis' New Kitchen

The time had come to get Alexis a kitchen of her own. She spends way too much time pulling out all my pots and pans, so I figured she could do that with her own stuff.

I had been looking at kitchens for her, but Bend is so small that the pickings are few. Anything I bought would have to be shipped from Little Tykes, Toys R Us or Amazon.com. The salon where Alexis got her hair cut also sells Kid Kraft toys and they had a toy kitchen in the waiting room that I couldn't pry Alexis off of. It was more than I wanted to spend on a kitchen, but it is solid wood and should last for the next umpteen years or so if we take care of it and store it well. After that it will live in Ginger's shed for when Diana has a baby of her own (many, many years from now).

I bought her a small pots and pans set from the local toy store and she had some pretend food that we bought her in Eugene from Toys R Us so she was good to go! She loves that thing and it will be so easy (and inexpensive) for us to pick up new packages of food and kitchen utensils for her to add to her small kitchen pantry.

Just think... Alexis or Logan could be the future stars of the Food Network!

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

Humm, maybe the Cousins' Food Network will appear in our future stars!