Friday, July 20, 2007

Seattle Trip: Part 1

Bob, myself and the kids all packed into my trusty Durango (with the new Thule roof cargo thingie) last Thursday night and headed off towards Seattle. Bob had decided at the last minute that he wanted to go to the Arlington Fly-In (an airplane event) and it worked out that my most bestest best friend, Michelle, lives in Everett just a mere 15 minutes from the airport. So we left home around 8pm and arrived in Everett around 3am. Brutal!

We said a few hellos, got our junk out of the car, got the kids into their sleeping locations (Alexis with Bob and Logan in a pack and play), and then crashed. I slept on the floor – I don’t recommend it as it is not comfy. Michelle had to go to work on Friday so she woke me up on her way out the door and I took her bed. We didn’t make it to the fly in until around 1pm because we got up late and then went for breakfast at IHOP.

The fly in was pretty cool. I was expecting something along the lines of the Miramar Air Show, so it was a bit smaller than my expectations. However, it was pretty neat nonetheless. Bob really liked walking along the long rows of planes and dreaming about the day when we own a six seater Bonanza and fly in to the airshow and camp out among all the other planes. They had some amazing flying demos there with old bombers, some bi-planes and other things that flew and were cool but I didn’t know what they were. Alexis watched the air show for a long time, but it was HOT (in the low 90’s) and ungodly HUMID so we were all hot, sticky, sweaty and kind of miserable. Again – I hate hot weather.

We stayed until 5pm and then headed back to Michelle’s pad to meet up for dinner. We all went down to Mukilteo and ate seafood at Ivar’s restaurant. Way yummy. I had King Crab Legs and they were delicious!!! But, I won’t ever order food again that requires me to mess up both hands when I have Alexis sitting next to me. It is just way too hard to eat and keep a toddler from tossing everything off the table. Michelle did her best to wrangle the wild beast so I could eat, but after that we avoided restaurants. The downtown area of Mukilteo is right on the water and you can catch a ferry there to a small island (I totally forgot the name) –it is BEAUTIFUL. What an amazing place. When I go and visit Michelle next February sans kids we might go over there to do some exploring.

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

It sounds like you have had your hands full-- both in and outside of the restaurant.

Alexis looks just like Dylan when she made a facial expression while Bob was walking down with her stroller. Logan is an adorable baby.

Can't wait to see you all soon.