Sunday, July 22, 2007

Seattle Trip: Part 3

The last night at Michelle’s was a restful one. Poor Godiva was forced to sleep in the kitchen so I could catch a few winks of sleep. But I slept great! Michelle has the best mattress and pillows… so comfy.

After we got up, showered and packed the car (the smaller they are the more stuff they have) Michelle took us out for breakfast. I don’t remember the name of the place, but I would like to go back there to try some more of their amazing creations. I am a breakfast fiend and really love and appreciate a big breakfast. After loading up on tons of yummy food I bid goodbye to Michelle (it broke my heart to do so) and we headed back towards Bend.

We brought the portable DVD player and Bob had bought a couple of movies for Alexis when he was out and about the week prior. We had “Muppets from Space” (a classic for any home movie collection) and “Elmo in Grouchland”. Those movies made the LONG drive home much more tolerable for us all. Alexis was glued to the DVD screen and didn’t really fuss at all! After several hours of driving we stopped at a rest stop along the I-5 so she could run around and play for a bit. Washington is such a beautiful state. And a well caffeinated one. Did you know that most rest stops in Washington offer free coffee? No falling asleep at the wheel in that state.

On our way back we saw some signs for Mt. St. Helens. I remember watching the footage of the eruption when I was a little girl and I have always wanted to go and see her in person. We didn’t have the time to go to the closest viewing area, but we did manage to go to one just five miles off of the freeway. Unfortunately, it was a cloudy day and the mountain was hiding from us. Katya will go and visit her next year as a science field trip and get to be as close as they allow. Lucky chick! Of course, being me, I took pictures anyway.

On our way home, we stopped at an Olive Garden (how I missed those breadsticks) for dinner and stretched our legs before heading on the last three hour leg of our journey. When we finally rolled back into Bend it was late and we were all dog tired. Why does it have to be that coming home always takes longer than it took to get to your vacation destination?

2 comments:

Laura and the family said...

Interesting about having a coffee shop at a rest place, hopefully they provide tea! I also would love to see Mount Helen, too!

Mandee said...

You have been a busy woman!