Saturday, July 7, 2007

That Darn Shoulder

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

The muscle spasms, numb and tingly fingers, aching in my wrist, elbow and shoulder... uuuuuuuuugh!

Luckily it is just sitting on my right side for now and the left is dealing. This stinks. I am having to sit down and think of what I can do to lessen my picking up of things (kids included), carrying of things (infant seat and strollers), and bending of my arm in general.

It is a very good thing that Bob has already planned on doing the driving for us to get to California, Utah and then back. I think my shoulder would not be able to handle it and I don't want to start popping ibuprofin like it is candy again. Taking my Celebrex is not even an option since I am nursing Logan still.

I have been lucky that my pain level has been so manageable since I've lived up here. I have been able to do things that I couldn't do for years and years. But man! I get frustrated when I have to slow down because of my arms. This means I have to postpone some of my projects until the pain diminishes. Those of you with cronic pain - I understand your frustration. This stinks!

3 comments:

Mandee said...

So sorry! Didn't you have surgery to fix this before? I hope it starts feeling better soon!

And those baby carriers... those things are a nightmare to carry around. I just switched Jack to a big car seat, so I don't have the convenience of carrying him around in his car seat... but then I also don't have to carry him around in his car seat. Ha!

Laura and the family said...

That's explain why I haven't seen any of your update news on your blogs...
Aging can be bummer.. because I can't even lift my right leg very well, either. I'll think myself young! :-)

Deby said...

The surgeries helped to prevent any more nerve damage by physically moving them to different locations in my arm. However, there is permanent damage that was done and that is why if I over use my arms (as a mom, when do you not use your arms) the tendonitis flares up and pinches the nerves. Who knew computer usage could do so much damage?