Thursday, June 28, 2007

New Summer Shows

When you nursing, you are forced to sit for about 30 minutes a session. I've tried reading a book during this time, but the books kept bonking the babies heads. Soooooooooooo, I watch TV.

Since all my favorite shows are in re-runs, I have found a couple to replace them for the summer and I thought I would share.

Army Wives: This show is on Lifetime and it is great! It is about a group of women (and one man) who are the spouses of army personnel living on base. They are all of different rank and socio-economic level and it deals with all kinds of issues that they all have by choosing the life they lead. I highly recommend it.

Eureka: This is on the Sci-Fi Channel. Yes, I am a total Sci Fi junkie so if some of you don't like this show, I won't take it personally. This is about a make believe town called, Eureka. The town was created by the US Government for highly talented scientists and individuals to come together and do research and development for futuristic "stuff". The new sheriff is a regular guy who used to be a US Marshall and his juvinal deliquent daughter who now live in a prototype Smart House and must get the individuals out of the chaos that they are constantly creating. It is entertaining and totally within the realm of non-belief, but that is part of it's charm.

I saw advertisements for Doctor Who, so I may set the DVR to record a couple of episodes to see if I like it.

What are you watching?

1 comment:

Mandee said...

Summer is killing me. Since I missed it during the regular season, I am trying out Friday Night Lights. No firm opinion yet. I am ahuge fan of the Datelines, 48 Hours, Primetime, 20/20 shows. And I am happy to say that I found the rest of the episodes of Kidnapped. I loved that show, but it was canceled after, like, 5 episodes. But I noticed that our NBC is airing the last episodes that we never aired... at 1am. I record those.