Monday, June 11, 2007

End of Year Bash

Katya finally got to have a party here at the house last Friday. With two babies at home, parties are limited for so many reasons that I don't have to spell them out here.

Well, with Bob moving the office offsite Katya was quick to throw a party in there to celebrate the end of the school year. Actually, Rick had come by the house and was still moving books and other "stuff" the morning of the party. I told her that if she wanted to use that space for a party she was welcome to it, but she had to clean it. No small feat since that area was so crowded with lab equipment and shelving you couldn't hardly walk. Rick was whining that she made it smell like Pine Sol while he was still working.

Katya invited ten kids and nine showed up. Not shabby considering it was totally last minute. The deal was the party started at 5pm and it was co-ed until 9:30pm when all boys had to vacate the premises. From that point on it was a sleepover for the remaining seven girls (not counting Katya). I think they watched something like five movies, played on my neighbor's trampoline, played a game of volleyball in the front yard and in general ran all over our backyard being teenagers. Everyone seemed to have a good time. We started the evening with pizza, then moved to chips, gummy worms, Chex mix and then popcorn. I had bought a ton of water and caffeine free soda which were stocked in the little fridge that was left down there. Breakfast was pancakes, juice and bacon. I know that Katya was trying really hard not to eat too much in front of her friends because she only ate three pieces of bacon. She is normally a six or more bacon eater. Girls are so weird.

It's nice to finally have a spot that Katya can use to hang with her friends in. It has always been important to me that I have a kid and teenager friendly home so her friends would want to hang out here. Katya is kind of sad to see the end of the school year. She said school would be so much more fun without all the "learning" stuff they make you do. Now that the party is over, I have been moving the futon, scrapbooking & sewing stuff, normal TV that will be down there and other things that I want to have a permanent home down there. At some point over the summer I will paint two walls tangerine orange for good energy. I also have a nightstand that was given to me by Bob's mother that I plan on painting green for little side table. When I've finished the room, I'll post a picture. Think I have enough projects for a while?

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

Perhaps, Dylan can cheer you (Katya) up. He is looking forward to seeing you because he said, "I want to see my big, favorite cousin." Of course, I know he loves all of his cousins.