Tuesday, June 12, 2007

DCSW

I got the best email today. It was from Aaron Morici who used to work for me at Qualcomm. He somehow got directed to my blog and made a comment about my current lack of organization (he doesn't believe me). It was SOOOOO good to hear from him. He has a beautiful wife and two little boys at home. I really miss him. I miss Dale. I miss Woody. I miss everyone at Qualcomm! Maybe not quite everyone, but the vast majority of people that I worked with I miss tremendously.

DCSW was the name of my little group. It stands for Document Control Software. Basically we were the software librarians for Qualcomm for those of you that don't know what Configuration Management is. I went to CM at a great point in my life and I got the rare opportunity to create my own group within CM to handle all things software related. Man... we saw some serious changes in the ten years that I was there. We had insane growth for years, 50 - 60 hour work weeks, litigation work for the legal department, layoffs, division sales, more growth, division of our department, the potential sale of our division which fissled, and new and more interesting projects every year. Right before I left, my little group was disbanded because it had fulfilled it's purpose and everyone was moving on to new things.

I must say, I had the priviledge of working with some of the most amazing people you could ever hope to know. These people are genuinely good people, smart people, talented people and funny people. They could make insane amounts of work fun. When you didn't want to go to work you always knew you had good people there that would kick your butt and help you get it done even if it meant more work on their part. I miss them all.

I still have a folder in my file cabinet with pictures of our group through the years. I thought I'd share.

If you guys are reading this..... I miss you!!! I hope that you are having really wonderful lives down there in sunny San Diego and they better be treating you good!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love the costumes.