Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Crock Pot Recipe Tuesday

Ok, I am totally stealing this idea from Mandee (my uber cool sister in law). BUT, I am tweaking it a smidge by having only crock pot recipes that I have tried and my panel of judges have given an A to. I'll still participate in Mandee's Recipe Wednesday with non-crock pot recipes.

Many of you know how little I actually enjoy cooking. Which is a real shame, since I love to watch cooking shows. So, I have been on the hunt for the easiest, tastiest crock pot recipes around. Mandee gave me two that we love and use all the time. With school and sports starting, I decided to get a jump on things and find some recipes that I can use in my cooking arsenal for when things get really crazy again. I've been experimenting and I will only give you things that have been given a thumbs up by my picky eaters. If you have a killer crock pot recipe, please share it!

Chops In A Crock

6 pork chops (you can brown them if you like, but I skipped this)
1 onion, chopped
3 tblsp, catsup
10.5 oz can of Cream of Chicken or Cream of Mushroom (I used the Healthy Request Cream of Chicken)
2 tsp Worchestershire sauce

Put everything into the crockpot and cook on low 5-7 hours.

Serve with rice, noodles or potatoes. The pork chops are tender and juicy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
With the pork chops I made these potatoes - totally easy and yummy!

Roasted New Potatoes

1 1/2 lbs new potatoes, quartered
2 tblsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag; toss to coat. Pour into an ungreased 13-in cookie sheet or baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Will give the chops a try... sounds great!

I have a really similar recipe for potatoes - nice for outdoors or if you don't have time to bake 'em! Same ingredients BUT...

Microwave quartered potatoes in covered dish with 1/8 c. water for 6 min. Drain. Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss to coat. Cook on med BBQ grill for 5-10 min, turning frequently, until grill marks develop.

Yummmmm...