Monday, April 21, 2008

Crock Pot Recipe: BBQ Pork for Sandwiches

A couple of months ago I was at the supermarket and they were having an insane sale on pork shoulder. It was less than $1 a pound with my club card. I had no idea what to do with a pork shoulder, but for that price I could find a recipe and experiment. Love my All Recipes.com (sort by rating and get the best recipes!)

This is SOOOOOOOOOOO easy and it turned out so yummy!

Great for a weekend dinner or if you are expecting a bunch of people and you need to feed them something good, but you don't want to stand at the grill the whole afternoon. Put on some onion rolls and enjoy!

BBQ Pork

2 1/2 pounds pork shoulder
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 cup brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

1. Put defrosted pork shoulder in crock pot.

2. Add all of the ingredients to the crock pot and cook on Low for 7 - 10 hours. About an hour or two before you want to serve it, get two forks and shred the meat. Let the shredded meat simmer until you are ready to serve so it can soak up all the yummy flavors.

Can it get much easier?

2 comments:

Laura and the family said...

I'm impressed that you took a gut to experience with the food that you didn't know what to do with the Pork Chop Shoulder. It sounds yummy to me.

Occidental Girl said...

This sounds great! I love easy recipes.

I baked a pork shoulder roast this winter with a packet of Lipton onion soup mix, covered at 375 for about 3 hours. It makes the house smell great, too!