Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bam Bam


You wouldn't know it from looking at him. He looks cute and sweet and cuddly. And he is.

But this little guy is also quite the bruiser! We have taken to calling him Bam Bam.

What do I mean exactly? He loves to break things. He is insanely strong and we are finding it more and more difficult to keep him out of things.

- He has already systematically broken every single child safety latch on the kitchen cupboard doors from slamming the doors open until they let him in. Bob had to put knobs on and I have new safety latches on them. I hope they hold. I had caught him eating beef boullion cubes last week. Yulk.

- He can open the freezer door (freezer on the bottom fridge). Alexis can't even open the freezer door! He will open it and start pulling things out of the freezer and throwing them on the floor. I have a new appliance latch on that now too.

- When he gets mad, he will pick up his toys (some pretty big) and heave them across the floor.

- He is currently trying to figure out how much pressure our safety gates can handle. He will stand there and shake them back and forth with as much strength as he has got. I keep waiting for drywall to start spewing all over the place.

Boys are different! I thought that Katya and Alexis were quite the ruffians, but MAN! Logan has them beat with pure strength and stubbornness.

Those of you that have boys - any suggestions for channeling his powers towards good and not evil?

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

Wonder where did his stubbornness and strengths come from??

Well, I remember Ryan used to throw things when he was mad. Ever since he started talking a lot more, he becomes more calmer and tells us what he wants. Perhaps if you teach him to speak and sign at the same time, he may eventually speak it out of his frustration.

I'm trying to think something is quieter for you and let Logan keeps his hands busy. I used to let my boys banging their pans with wooden spoon, but it would not work for you.

Another thing you might as well want to tune the Toddler's music in the house. Bet it is better than letting them using the pans and spoons, right?

I will think of more later when my mind is fresh :-)