Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Logan!

My little Logan turns 1 today!!

Each of my babies were something special to me. Katya was my 'Surprise Baby', Alexis was my 'Miracle Baby' and Logan was my 'You Have Got To Be Kidding Baby'.

I found out I was pregnant when I was visiting my family in San Diego last August. I had just been so busy with an infant, tired from having an infant and nursing, cranky and moody that I didn't really notice that I had been getting bigger around the middle. I just assumed that I had reached a weight loss plateau. It was only when I stopped long enough to sit down and read a book that I realized that I had a serious hard pooch going on.

I went to my old Ob as soon as that little test strip had two pink lines on it because my pregnancy with Alexis was such an ordeal, if I needed progesterone or something I needed to start right away. I went in for a blood test and they called me a couple of days later telling me that something was wrong and I needed to go in for an ultrasound. Man, I was so all over the map with my emotions at this point. I didn't want to be pregnant yet and as soon as I find out I'm pregnant there is a problem.

My girlfriend, Desiree, went to the appointment with me so she could watch Alexis. I went in for the ultrasound and the tech kept asking me all kinds of questions as to when I had my last mensus and was I sure. It wasn't until she showed me the screen and told me that I was 17 weeks along that I kind of had a meltdown. I am sure that everyone in that suite and the waiting room heard me scream "you have got to be kidding". I was going to have two babies twelve months apart. My brain wouldn't digest it.

I kind of just blew past my whole first trimester and the rest of the pregnancy was pretty much uneventful. I had some serious sciatica stuff going on at the end which wasn't pleasant, but that was it. How different could two pregnancies be?

Logan was induced a week early like his two older sisters were and he still managed to be 8lbs 14oz and 22 inches long. He was a big baby. There was lots of family there at his birth including Katya, Ginger and Diana. It only took one push to get him out! It took me 2 1/2 hours of pushing to get Katya out.

Logan is my little teddy bear. He is all about hugs, pats and snuggling. He really is such a sweet little guy. But now that he is old enough, he is starting to enjoy trying to get his sister into trouble. He can cry at a moments notice and he loves to follow people around and bellyache until they pick him up. Katya keeps trying to tell him that the chicks just won't find his whining attractive, but he doesn't seem to care yet. Give him ten more years. :)

Although Logan was the surprise of surprises - our family wouldn't be complete without him. Happy Birthday my handsome little man!!

2 comments:

Laura and the family said...

OHHHHHH, his looks melt my heart! I miss him already... hope his FIRST birthday is a happy ones!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Logan! And happy birthday to you too, Deby!