Saturday, January 19, 2008

24 Hour Honeymoon


Bob and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary yesterday. Five years together!!

To mark the occasion and to actually spend the first overnight without kids since Alexis was born, we spent the night at the Sunriver Resort just south of Bend. (The above picture was our room only with snow outside the windows) Thank you SOOOOOO much Debbie, Patti and Ginger for taking care of our three kids so we could do this.

The resort was so nice, the room was so luxurious, the food so good, the spa so nice (pedicure, facial, steam room, whirlpool - ahhhhhh) and the sunken tub in the room so decadent I could have easily stayed a week no problem.

Bob has been working so hard this was a nice escape for him as well as me. He got a massage and looked visably relaxed after his steam and jacuzzi. We both needed an escape in the worst way with all the "stuff" going on in our lives.

We had never been to the Sunriver Resort and I am all about making time to escape there again next year. Forget next year, I'm going to make sure that my family gets down there for at least a meal so we can take advantage of the awesome views, the trails and the spa when they come to visit.

I'm all energized again and I can face all the myriad of things that I need to do with new energy and happiness. What a difference 24 hours can make!

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

Happy Anniversary! 5 years already? Wow, I can't believe time goes by fast.

Ironically, David and I were hoping to spend a Christmas with you and Ginger's family because I thought it would be a neat experience for the boys to "live" in a cold, snowy weather. Well, I guess we have to talk about this later on.

I'm glad you and Bob a 24 hour escape for your 5 years anniversary!