Saturday, January 26, 2008

Breast Cancer 3-Day


Well, my girlfriend, Michelle has talked me into walking the Seattle Breast Cancer 3-Day in honor of my mother. For those that do not know, my mother is currently in the beginnings of her own personal battle with breast cancer. There isn't much that I can do for her from Bend and even if I were there - she has all the fighting to do. It sucks. It really does. I would gladly take this burden from her, but I can't.

I have been donating to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation for years and years now. Not enough to find a cure based solely on the funds that I sent them, but I always figure that every little bit counts. And from what I understand, it really does.

So, Michelle and I are starting our own little walking team to throw some more money at this cause and do what we can to help my mother and any other future women that will get this awful thing. In September we will be heading out to walk 60 miles over the course of three days. Yikes. The training starts tomorrow and I will be burning through several pairs of shoes in the next few months.

Since we are a team we thought we needed a really good, catchy, fun name for ourselves. I mean, we could be hit with this thing ourselves some day so why not put some humorous spin on it today. But our team needs a name and we are open for suggestions.

So far we have:

- Hikers for Hooters

- Melon Marchers

- Boobie Buddies (Katya's suggestion)

- The Ta Ta Twoesome (Katya's suggestion)

If you have a suggestion for our little team, I would love to hear it! I need to have one soon in order to register. When I do register I will post my info so if you or someone you know would like to support me in my quest to raise $2,200 it would be appreciated.

3 comments:

Mandee said...

I wish I could do it with you guys! I like all of your team names! And good luck training!

Laura and the family said...

I like the idea of creating the names for the team! Without a doubt, it is a grabber attention!

Don't forget to have someone take pictures of you during your training and on the day you go out for a 3-day extensive walk, trooper!

Laura and the family said...

How about Pink or Boobies Warriors?