Monday, October 15, 2007

Pumpkin Patch Time

Fall is my most favorite time of year and the annual trip to the pumpkin patch is my favorite outing of the season.

Picking your pumpkin, feeding the animals in the petting zoo, walking around the pumpkin patch to find "your" pumpkin. So cool.
We have been a bit pressed for time lately with Bob working every single day for the past two weeks and Katya's schedule - so we hit the last two hours of the pumpkin patch yesterday. I may go with the kids this week just for fun, but it would only be the three of us. The annual trip is a family affair.

Alexis was WAY more fun this year. She loved the animals. She wouldn't really touch them, but she liked talking to them. She had a great time just running off in different directions squealing in delight. Katya was being a teenager and it took a while for her to warm up. Those of you with teens understand.
We went and explored the pumpkin patch and after much searching and deliberating we each found the pumpkin of our dreams. Well, not our dreams but the one that called to us. 100 pounds of pumpkin baby!! Luckily, only $24. Alexis wasn't sure what to do with hers and she tried eating it like an apple.
After some kettle corn and fresh air we all trapsed home. Our pumpkins are patiently waiting on our front porch for carving day. Now I just need to decide what face I want to put on mine. Hmmmmmmmmm.


Pumpkins $24

Kettle Corn $5

Bottled Water $1


Spending time together as a family - PRICELESS

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

Oh I love Kettle Korn! I wish I could be there eating with you guys. Even better eating cooked pumpkin seeds, and squash spaghetti!

Perhaps, Katya will enjoy carving her own creative pumpkin ! That's my plan for today with the boys.