Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Last Fire Update

Well, my parents are back in their house. No damage done, just a lot of soot and ash in the air.

My brother and his family are back home and all is well with them.

My Aunt Linda's house is not on the list of destroyed homes, but she is not allowed back to Rancho Bernardo yet. She is still hanging out at my Uncle Doug's house in Vista.

Carlsbad was taken off the evacuation list so my aunt and uncle there are fine.

I'm still waiting to hear from a few friends that were evacuated from the Escondido area. But, I am fairly positive that their homes were left untouched.

I am so thankful that my family is safe and sound! My mother told me that the evacuations were done in a really orderly fashion, her friends that were at shelters were being given free food and water and everyone seemed to be bending over backwards to extend a helpful hand to their neighbors. Way to work together San Diego!

No comments: