Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Plague


It started coming on yesterday and today it is the full blown, please take me outside and shoot me, my head might explode at any minute, my nose might fall off if I blow it one more time - plague.

This is pretty awful since I don't get sick days being a domestic goddess. Where is that fairy godmother when you need her to whip up a trustworthy nanny for the day?

So here I sit rather zombie-like staring at the computer screen while the kids are napping. The house is a mess and I just don't have the energy to pick up one more toy. I think I might make myself one more cup of tea and lay my head on the couch and hope that Logan lets me sleep for a bit. He has an uncanny ability to know when I am almost asleep and then he wakes up. It is because of his rare talent that I tend to avoid napping since it is an exercise in futility.

I hope that everyone else is healthy. Although poor Mandee, I read that she has the flu too. Just know that I am wallowing in misery with you!

3 comments:

Mandee said...

I'm glad I'm in good company. But I'm sorry you are sick too. At least we have Grey's Anatomy to look forward to.

Laura and the family said...

Get Well! Let's Bob take over your position and read the book while you rest.

Laura and the family said...

Even better, let Bob pamper you while you are bedridden :-)