Monday, March 3, 2008

Finally...A New Crock Pot Recipe

Remember back when I intended to have Crock Pot Tuesday and post a new and delicious recipe every week? Well, that sort of fizzled. Not from lack of trying out new recipes, but from a lack of any enthusiastic response from my own peanut gallery with all the new recipes. However, I have a new one and I think it is great.

I hope you enjoy!

Pork Chops to Live For

4 pork chops (I actually used six 'cause that is what I had in the deep freeze)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Garlic powder
Salt & Pepper
vegetable oil (enough to brown the pork chops)

2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can beef broth
1 envelope onion soup mix

1. Dip pork chops in flour mixture (flour, garlic powder, salt & pepper) and brown in oil.

2. Place pork chops in slow cooker. Pour soups and onion soup mix over the top and mix.

3. Cover, and cook on High for 4 to 5 hours, or on Low for 8 to 10 hours.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That sounds yummy! I might have to try it out on my dinner group people. Have I told you about it?? I have 4 friends (yep, that's all I have :) and every Monday we get together and exchange meals. We have a rotation set up of what we make (i.e. italian, mexican, etc.) We cook enough for all 5 families and then we exchange. So when I come home, I have 5 dinners to get me through the week, but I only had to come up with one of them! It is the best thing - I think you would like it!