Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

Let me just say here (since it is my blog) that Easter should NOT be in March. Although we had a lovely Easter, it didn't feel very Easter-y. Ginger told me that it won't be this early in the year again until something like 2080, which is fine by me. The leprechaun from St. Patrick's Day shouldn't be bumping into the Easter bunny in the same month.

That said, our Easter was lovely. It was supposed to rain, but it didn't so we could enjoy a little egg hunt with our neighbors in their backyard. I had hidden empty eggs, but Maya had put some chocolate in hers so Alexis had a bit of a chocolate ring around her mouth for most of the hunt.

Alexis loves being outside, but Logan not so much. Most of my pictures of him had him complaining loudly that he didn't like the grass, the breeze or the pine needles. I think that should he decide to walk one of these days, he might enjoy being outside a bit more.

Later that afternoon we headed over to Ginger's house for tacos - don't you all eat tacos on Easter? We hung out for hours and just visited and laid around like sloths on the couch while we watched the Veggie Tales "Jonah" movie for the umpteenth time (Alexis' favorite).

We missed our Katya since she was in San Diego. But her Easter secret is sitting on her desk waiting for her return. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter no matter what you did.

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

I totally agree Easter should not be in March. I felt weird this year, too.

I'm glad you guys got a chance to go out for Easter Hunting especially at this nice and beautiful weather. We have had two strange weathers within six days March 15th and March 22nd.)I thought it was cool to break the tradition for eating tacos instead of ham.