Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Calgon Take Me Away!

I have had the most insane, busy, whirlwind of days for 2008. I mean it, I have never been so busy since I moved up here.

- Sickness constantly attacking some member of my family
- Prepping for business taxes that took way too much time
- Prepping for personal taxes
- Dealing with some insane snow (lots of shoveling)
- Now prepping for spring (lots of pruning and raking)
- Painting
- Never ending cleaning
- Sports and more sports for Katya (including Saturdays)
- Unplanned work on the art room
- Trying to get time walking most every day to train for the 3-Day
- Attempting to get donations for the Campfire Golf Tournament

I have been awful about blogging, writing down all my appointments on the calendar, and keeping control of the pile of papers sitting in front of my computer monitor. Just too much!!

Then I get situations like last night. We were bathed, dressed and ready to get into the car to pick up Katya from Campfire and attend her basketball team dinner. Then Alexis comes over to me while I'm sitting on the couch putting on my shoes and lays her head in my lap and then pukes. Everywhere.

Ok, can't take the little sick one. Luckily Patti can come over to watch her for me and I am late picking up Katya. I know that life happens and you can't do anything about it. But MAN!!

So... I apologize to all of my blog stalkers for being a dud lately. I even had to miss a Bend Bloggers get together that I really wanted to attend. Bummer.

I hope that I can get my stuff together, somehow eraticate the sickness that keeps coming into my house (my hands are dry like paper from cleaning everything constantly), regain my small social life, and someday experience the bon bon eating, lounging on the couch while reading a book fantasy that so many people picture stay at home mothers doing all day.

3 comments:

Laura and the family said...

Hang in there! I am so sorry you are going through with the zany stuff around you. I have had these days, too!

When you and I meet, I will treat you Bon Bon! Lucky, there are many different flavors. That would be a great way to forget the stresses for a moment.

Mandee said...

I feel like I just read a post about my life... I really need summertime, when the sun is shining, and life slows down just a little bit.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.