Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Computer Doctor


My home computer is currently at the computer doctor. (I'm using Bob's laptop to write this.)

It has been running sooooooooooo slow, applications take a long time to start, some things freeze or close without warning...you know. It hasn't been reimaged in years and I'm sure that something needs to be upgraded.

I needed to do this now while Katya was in San Diego and wouldn't be needing the computer for homework and I had already done most of the business stuff for right now. Being without my computer is hard! Just knowing that strange people are messing with my data bothers me and I hope that my data makes it back to me intact. Yes, I've got issues.

I've decided to change a few things about my computing habits. I'm converting my Maxtor external harddrive (for disaster recovery) to a drag and drop. I just need to see with my own eyes that my files are there safe and sound. I'm also adding a separate internal harddrive for just my ITunes library and another for just business stuff.

If you have some good advice for keeping data clean and recoverable I'd love to hear it. You can never know everything. And when I get my computer back, I've got a backlog of blogs with pictures that I need to post to catch everyone up on what we have been doing in the great Northwest.

No comments: