Thursday, November 15, 2007

Treasure Table

I love MOPS. You all know that, but one of my favorite things about MOPS is the Treasure Table.

The Treasure Table is for all of the "stuff" that you no longer want or need and other people (like me) get to scrounge around to see if it is something that we can use.

All kinds of cool stuff gets put on that table. I've been getting all kinds of clothes for the kids from nice sleepers to Gap jeans for when one of them is in a 4T. I'll take it all!! There are also food items that people got but never used (we all have them), DVDs, discarded toys, VHS movies, books, maternity clothes, breast pads, regular clothes, diapers, cookbooks, magazines, ... you name it. Sooooooooooooo cool.

It is also nice that I have a place to take things that we no longer need at home and that I would normally just take to the Goodwill. Just today I took a bunch of VHS Disney movies that we happen to have on DVD as well. We need the shelf space so I took a bunch of them into MOPS. One woman there was SO excited to get them for her two kids. She didn't care that they were VHS. Her kids certainly wouldn't care. I was able to get a pack of disposable razors that Katya likes (and cost $7), some clothes for the kids and some kid books.

I love this! It is a great part of my living Green plan too. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle BABY! And who isn't pinching pennies in this economy anyway? Everything is costing so much more (filled up your gas tank lately?) it is great to pinch some pennies here and there.

And one woman today offered me her Thomas the Tank Engine table complete with toys. I hope she calls for me to pick it up because HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE!!! Alexis and Logan would love, love, love it!!

Hand me downs are cool.

2 comments:

Laura and the family said...

You're lucky in right place and in right time: getting rid of things you don't need, and get what you really need without costing you any money!

We will bring you more boys' clothes when we visit you in the summer.

Mandee said...

I love hand me downs too!