Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Photo Shoot

Yesterday afternoon was the annual trip to Sears for their Christmas pictures. We had tried another photo studio as a MOPS fundraiser, but they were awful and we only got one so so picture out of it. Thank goodness it was a $20 special, I would have thrown a fit if I had forked over their normal $200 sitting fee. Seriously, that is insane.
Anyway, I drug all three of my chitlins to Sears for our 4pm shoot. Katya decided that she just didn't have ANYTHING that would go with the two little ones outfits so she ran over to Macy's while we did some individual shots with Alexis and Logan. Or should I say - attempted - to get individual shots of the kids.

Thankfully my most wonderful sister in law, Debbie, showed up to lend a hand. She is always there for picture days and I couldn't do it without her.
Logan was a dream to photograph. He is kind of a serious little guy so he wasn't in the mood to smile, but he sat there and looked darn cute for the camera. No drama, no tears...just cuteness. This is one of his pics.

Alexis on the other hand was a little TERROR. I put her in this outfit to start with because it was a gift from a dear friend in Belgium and I wanted to send a professional picture to him to show how much I really appreciated his thoughtfullness. How my photographer got these shots through all the tantrums, falling on the floor, arching of the back (you get the picture) is beyond me. She was SOOOOOOOOOO good. The finished products are all cropped and centered and stuff.

I ordered a copy of this one (it is cropped and closer) because you can see what a little devil she was being.

Katya, of course, took fabulous pics. She just gets more beautiful every year.

Then there was the group shot of the three of them. This was the ONLY shot of them that worked. We got her to look up and laugh for a split second while she was having a tantrum.
Then Katya was taking some other shots for a birthday collage when Alexis (freshly changed back into her normal clothes) decided to be incredibly cute. She grabbed a little chair, pulled it next to Katya and really hammed it up.
I thought this was too cute so I got a pic for me too. I don't think that anyone will ever be able to say that Alexis is a pushover. She is too much like her big sister. And that is a very good thing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a very memorable experience. At least the pictures turned out so well. I really like the group photo you have. The photographer definitely made the most of that 1.5 second window between tantrums.

Mandee said...

Love them! You have beautiful kids!

Laura and the family said...

Beautiful pictures! I really like their true color personality. It gives a better picture of each child.

Aimee said...

They are great!

Jane ::: Ethni Photography said...

I saw your post on bendblogs.com. Out of curiosity, what was the other photo studio that was doing the MOPS fundraiser?

Jane ::: Ethni Photography said...

Wow--how frustrating. I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience! Thanks for feeding my curiosity! If you ever want any information about a session for next spring, contact me at info@ethniphotography.com 25% of every session fee goes towards the missions organization of your choice! :)