Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tagged for Honesty

I've been tagged by Jen to post 7 honest things about myself. I've never been tagged before, it is kinda cool! Huh, not sure how interesting or deep my relevations will be but here goes...

1. I can wiggle my ears. It is a little trick that I figured out that I could do when I was about five years old. I believe I was trying to wiggle my nose like Samantha from Bewitched - but my ears wiggled instead.

2. I fell asleep at the wheel once when I was 21. I had worked a very long day and went to meet some friends after work at a deli since it was Halloween (Don't worry, I wasn't drinking. I am a self-imposed non-drinker.). I headed home about 11pm down a long and dark stretch of road. I had rolled down my windows and turned up the radio to stay awake. I remember blinking and when my eyes opened all I saw was weeds flying by my car. Evidently I had crossed several lanes of traffic (nobody was there luckily), narrowly avoided a power box, jumped my car over a small canyon and landed in a patch of land behind someone's backyard. I had to stand on the roof of my car to find the road (no lights) and I turned my car that direction and prayed I would make it. I did. All my car suffered was two blown out tires and a dent in the hood. I drove my car two miles like that to a grocery store and called a friend for help. My guardian angel was watching over me that night for sure!!

3. I am a freak about laundry. Living with my brother (whom I do love and adore) taught me that men can not be trusted with a washer and dryer. I don't know how many items he changed the color of or shrunk. So many shirts and pants from Katya's and my closet have to be dripped dry I don't let anyone help me. So, Bob is forbidden from doing laundry. He doesn't mind.

4. I worked as a Microbiologist Tech for about two years when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I worked in a clean room, made agar, grew all kind of nasty things, counted spores...etc. It made me a total clean freak for years and years. I used to clean my keyboard, phone and desk with IPA (rubbing alcohol) every Friday for about ten years before I mellowed out a bit.

5. When we travel, I check out the bathroom of any hotel we are staying at before I sign anything. I am a freak about a clean bathroom. Probably because of #4. I KNOW what can grow where.

6. I am an appliance junkie. I just love to get all those infomercial gadgets that are supposed to make cooking sooooooooo easy. Even though I don't really like to cook, I like the gadgets. Whenever I have insomnia, it costs a lot of money because then my willpower is non-existant.

7. I love cold sugar cereals. I mean LOVE them. I try and be good and only eat healthy, whole grain, and organic cereals but sometimes I indulge. I love Golden Grahams, Fruit Loops, Super Sugar Crisp, Pops, Fruity Pebbles, Frosted Flakes, Cookie Crisp, Lucky Charms, Captain Crunch with Crunchberries.... I could go on and on. Yum!

I'm tagging Laura at The McClellans of Eastlake, Mandee at For the Love..., Aimee at Here in My Life..., Azucar at The Jet Set, Kelly at My Happy Little Life, Ginger at The Kids The Dogs And Other Things, and C Jane.

The guidelines are:
1 Link the person who has tagged you
2 Tell seven true things about yourself
3 Tag seven new people
4 Leave a message with the person you have tagged so they know about it

3 comments:

Mandee said...

Crap Deby. There's so much junk in my life I don't even know where to start.

Deby said...

That is the whole point! I get to learn seven new little bits about you.

Love ya!!!

Laura and the family said...

Ditto Mandee! I will have to think when I am alone (right now I'm home with a flu )