Friday, November 2, 2007

Thankfullness

As Thanksgiving looms in the not so distant future - it is time for me to begin thinking about what I am thankful for this year.

- Nobody died.
- Nobody got cancer.
- Nobody cut any body parts off.
- Nobody is in any court battle.
(2004 was a tough year. Those were some of the worst highlights of that year.)
- Nobody lost so much as a tree during the fires in San Diego.
- I have a huge extended family that I love (and miss)
- I have some wonderful friends that I love (and miss)
- Everyone is healthy! Yeah!!
- We welcomed Logan into the family
- Alexis is amazing, opinionated, stubborn, funny, creative....I could go on and on
- Katya is doing so well in school & sports this year
- Bob's business is doing better every year
- Bob was able to move his business out of the house and into their own space. Thus, making our new "lounge" area.
- We have a space now to do crafts and Katya can escape to when the kids are too noisy.
- I am slowly shrinking to my pre-baby size. Maybe not as fast as I would like, but I am making progress.
- I have amazing neighbors. Our circle of neighbors does everything from housesitting, to dogwatching, to mail collecting, to random plates of cookies showing up on our doorstep... I live in an amazing place surrounded by amazing people.
- Our house projects are making slow progress. Any progress is good progress!
- I love the views from our windows. Looking out at the mountains and the trees is so calming.
- I love having the Risch family living just a few miles away. And if I get lucky, I run into Diana when shopping at Safeway.
- I love having Debbie K., Jane and Patti close by.
- I am thankful that my arm & shoulder pain has remained manageable for the past two years despite hauling babies around all day, toting groceries, doing bookkeeping and cleaning the house.
- I have a husband who loves me.
- We have a good family with lots of laughter and hugs.

My life is grand. My life is blessed. My life is fabulous.

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

Two more reasons to be thankful:

1) Having you in our life
2) Be thankful for anyone who gives a helping hand when we need EX: babysitter