Sunday, November 25, 2007

Dyson

Well, our vacuum finally up and died. Even Bob's old, old vacuum that he had loaned to my Aunt Ginger had died. Well, it didn't TOTALLY die, but it sure wouldn't even vacuum up the fuzz on the carpet. Only, my vacuum up and died like a week ago. Can you imagine my house with the kids and the pets with no vacuum for a week. Yulk.

So....I convinced Bob to stop looking at reviews of vacuums on the internet and just go with me to Target because I was going to buy a vacuum. The rug was totally grossing me out!!

I had taken all I could take and I couldn't take no more!

We spent a good 30 - 45 minutes looking at vacuums. Bob looked at the engineering aspect of all the vacuums. We pulled them all down and took them apart. We debated and haggled with each other. We even got input from two passerby shoppers. And we ended up with .....

a Dyson Animal

I think it looks pretty cool. I like the purple. I think it looks kinda fun although Bob hates it.

Let me tell you... that thing can suck! It better for what it cost. Man, oh man. But it cleans a rug or even my cork floors like nothing ever has. I ran it around just the upstairs bare floors and I was disgusted with how much fine dust that thing managed to pull up. Pet hair is no match for it. And it has some cool wand thing that can do stairs too.

As one passerby customer told us when he saw us with the vacuum - "That thing can suck the chrome off of a bumper". He loves his and he even told us that once he got past the sticker shock, he actually thinks it was worth it.

So, my house is now uber, uber clean. Bob and I kept taking turns vacuuming different things just to see how much junk it picked up. I even got kind of miffed because he dumped my first vacuum load instead of letting me do it. Silly, huh?

If you happen to come over - go ahead and lay on the floor. It is clean, clean, clean.

6 comments:

Little Things said...

We just bought the same exact Dyson! I also love it!

Mandee said...

I used Heather's Dyson this summer and fell in love. I am waiting for our vacuum to die so I can splurge!

Heather said...

Never thought I would love a Vacuumn, but I do like mine. Although, I got the boring Costco version (White & Grey). I think I like the purple one better! It took me a whole year before I realized that I had the cool attachment for stairs - my mom had to point it out to me.

Aimee said...

I had to get one after using Heathers...but somehow the wand thingy broke the other day. It doesn't lock into place when extended..whats up with that?

Deby said...

It has a 5 year warranty so I would totally check into that. You might get a new one!

Amy said...

I'm jealous! We have the "basic" yellow model. But it's still a Dyson and works great. Happy vacuuming!