Friday, September 7, 2007

Ouch

That which does not kill you makes you stronger.

I have no idea who said this, but I suppose that it is true. This week the whole house started with their new routines and it is finally becoming easier.

Katya and I started getting up at 5:30am to begin our day. She jumps in the shower and gets ready for school. I get up and trudge downstairs to the garage and get on the treadmill hoping my trusty little IPod will give me the motivation I need to work up a sweat. I have to get Bob to hook up my little tv that I had in my garage in Poway because jogging on that thing and staring at a blank wall is deathly dull.

I'm doing a 5 minute warm up, a 20 minute jog and a 5 minute cool down. I hope to work up to a 30 minute run by October and be able to work in some situps and more stretching. I am trying to throw in a few walks here and there during the week with the kids as well for good measure too.

But for now... it is OUCH! My muscles are kind of sore, my hips are sore, my knee is sore, my back is sore - getting older stinks. I don't remember ever having this many aches and pains when I would work out before.

At night I am dog tired come 7pm and I have been crawling into a hot bath at night hoping that will help my tired, sore, achy joints recover for the next days abuse. My poor hubby has been really patient with me. I hope that my energy level starts picking up or he may file a formal complaint. : )

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

Maybe you can add for a Christmas list: foot spa massage !