Thursday, September 13, 2007

New Carseat

Little Logan is getting longer and the time will soon be here when he can no longer fit into his infant carseat.

Last year about this time I did some research on carseats and the one most highly rated by Consumer Reports was a brand called Britax. And these carseats can work with kids up to 65 pounds. (With my kids they will probably be in third grade before they hit 65 pounds. Ok, I might be exaggerating just a bit.) I had never even heard of that brand, but I found it on Amazon.com my favorite place on the internet. Imagine my surprise when I found lots of fun covers for the carseats! Butterflies, flowers, sport images, swirly colors...etc.

For my car Alexis got one that is peach with pale peach and pink Hawaiian style flowers. It is very pretty and the fabric is a super soft microfiber type material. For Bob's car she got a zebra print.

Well, I noticed that my now favorite brand of carseat is on sale for one week. We're talking $60 bucks off kind of sale - you can't pass that one up. So, I took at look at the available styles for this year. I love having a little boy, but the carseats just aren't as fun as for girls. They had grey with black (too hot in the summer), tan (boring), green w/ brown swirls (Bob and Katya didn't like it), blue with sports logo stuff on it (we don't watch football), lots of college logo and colored ones (no thanks), plain blue (boring) and plain grey (really boring). The only one left that was cute, fun and had some personality that was boy worthy was Cowmooflage. So that is the one that we got for both cars.

It is fun though, isn't it?

4 comments:

Laura and the family said...

My bet is that Logan will hit 65 before he enters in his 3rd grade. Dylan is already is near 65 pounds, 1st grader ! Both Logan and Dylan have stocky buildings.

Mandee said...

I LOVE the Britax car seats... but have never been able to talk Aaron into letting me spend that much money... I am so jealous. You caught a good sale!

Jen said...

Deby, met your hubby "in real life" tonight at the BendTech get together! :)

Deby said...

Isn't he a nice guy? I'll have to meet you "in real life" sometime too. : )