Sunday, October 12, 2008

Winterizing The Home

I'm from San Diego. Winterizing the home in San Diego consisted of having the furnace checked once a year and maybe replacing an old window.

Not so here. Bob and I wrote out our winter checklist and it is 21 items long. We'll never finish the whole thing, especially since we both end up doing extra things that weren't on the list to start with.

For example, yesterday Bob decided that we needed a storm door on the front door. Too much cold air leaks through the door and we have been debating it for a while now. Pretty much all of yesterday was taken up with Bob working on this project. And no, it isn't finished yet.

I spent this weekend painting two walls in the kids bedroom. With Logan's new bed coming, he needed his two walls in the room a color other than pale green. It wouldn't go with his new racecar bed at all. Now his two walls are silver. It took three coats to get it to a nice silver, but it is finally done!

Still to go is blowing out the sprinkler system (it's freezing every night), clean up my garden bed and backyard (gardening trash is still sitting around), get the furnace checked, move the kid toys from the front patio to storage along with the carpet, finish cleaning up the art room for our Christmas company, replace the futon mattress, finish painting some exterior window trim ...etc.

The list is still sitting on our chalkboard telling me to get a move on my other action items. I promise to try and get at least one other item done this week. I promise!

4 comments:

Laura and the family said...

LOL! Welcome to our boat. We have TONS of things to do, too. It never ends because we both know things already comes up. For example, the water sprinkle broke that it is not on our list.. Thus, it adds in our long listings.

One thing I wish I am handy such as putting the picture above the fire place. But I am afraid that I will break the metal inside of the chimney. And many more!!! So I have a empathy for you, too.

Mandee said...

I LOVE storm doors. I wish we could have one on our front door. One of my favorite things used to be to sit in front of the storm door when it would snow- to see freezing out there, while I was warm in the house with hot chocolate.

J Fife said...

You have been busy! Hadn't stopped by here in a while. Love all of the photos of the kiddos and a big congrats on finishing the walk.

Winterizing? Uh, oh. I'm not sure we ever finished our spring cleaning list. Sigh...

Heather said...

Are we really supposed to have our furnace checked once a year? 7 years in this house and all I've done is change filters! If it ain't broke - don't mess with it - that's my motto!