Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Trouble in DVR Land

Tragedy struck our house on Sunday evening. Bob and I were watching an episode of Chuck when all of a sudden - blip - the tv turned off. The DVR went dark and never was to recover.

That was very sad news for Katya who hadn't seen the episodes of Chuck or Bones that were on it.

Last night I ran to the upstairs TV at 8 o'clock to try and catch Chuck as it broadcast real time. But of course, I missed Boston Legal because it doesn't come on until 10pm. I just can't stay up that late when I wake up so early.

Today I have the cable guy coming over this afternoon to hopefully bring a working DVR with him so I don't miss recording any of our favorite shows. After all, we never actually sit down to watch TV at normal times and if we don't record what we actually want to see - there is nothing on.

And per Mandee's suggestion, I will have to plug in the pumpkin looking dude that she says is on the Disney channel right now.

Anyone else have suggestions of good stuff that I may not know about?

1 comment:

Mandee said...

I don't know that the actual video is online... it might be. But lots of fun coloring pages.

We're actually thinking of getting rid of TV altogether. Drastic? I don't know if I can handle not watching the news. But let me know how hellish your brief experience ends up being.