Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mama Bought a New Pair of Shoes

Lame, I know. But I haven't bought myself a new pair of shoes (that weren't walking shoes) in forever. I did buy some sandals over the Summer, but nothing I could wear when I had the kids with me. Work only kind of stuff.

Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but I have found out to my great dismay that my post-baby feet are a full size larger than my pre-baby feet. I have some beautiful shoes that I have worked hard to purchase over the last ten years and now they don't fit. I leave them in my closet even though I can't wear them because I love them.

Yesterday running around for work stressed to me the importance of getting some new shoes. You see I have been wearing tennis shoes for months now (broken toe and all) and evidently the venting that works so well in summer isn't so great in Fall. The cold breeze that would come up froze my little toes. So, I finally just broke down and went to Macys and bought a pair of shoes.

Evidently I did good because Katya says they are cute. I like them because they:

a) have some color
b) are warm
c) are waterproof
d) go up past my ankles to keep them warm
e) are flat so I can still chase after my kids while wearing them

I still need a few more pairs of shoes, but shoes are spendy and I have skinny little boat feet that are hard to fit. I would like another pair of dressier black or brown leather boots. I saw a pair of Michael Kors that were darling but the toe box was too tight and the heel was too loose. I was sad.

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

I know the feeling... I have had the problems shortly after I had a second child. What do you do with the other shoes that do not fit with you anymore?

Good for you buying a new pair of shoes. I also put buying a pair of shoes off for myself. Yet, I feel that I still need more especially the winter shoes.