Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Bed Is Here - sorta

On Thursday I got the magic email from Walmart saying that the much anticipated car bed had arrived and needed to be picked up. Bob told me that he would pick it up after work and bring it home. I had a Campfire event to go to, so I left the kids with Debbie K. and figured that all would be well.

I got home and ran upstairs to find Bob huffing and puffing having just finished the bed. I turned the corner of their bedroom to look in and I found - the wrong bed. It was not the bed that I ordered at all. In fact, it is much wider (6 inches) and longer (5 inches) and a solid light blue. Bob was exhausted from dismanteling the crib and hauling all the bed pieces upstairs and putting it all together. Inside he had set the toddler mattress and told me that he just didn't think that it looked right.

That is when I had to tell him that he put over an hours effort into the wrong bed. I had to go and show him on the computer the bed that he picked out and the bed that he put together. The fact that the bed we now have upstairs is in fact more expensive than the bed we ordered finalized Bob's decision that it was good and we weren't going to dismantel the bed, put it back into the packaging, drive it back to Walmart, have to re-order the correct bed, wait another two weeks, re-assemble the crib and go through the bed assembly all over again. Luckily we had a twin mattress in the Art Room so we just dropped it in.

With all that out of the way, we brought the kids upstairs to see the new bed and Logan LOVED it. He kept climbing in and out and he would lean over to look at the tires. Then he would climb out of the bed to touch the tires some more and then climb back in. It was really funny. You can tell by the look on his face how thrilled he was. Bob was there with his video camera catching the whole thing.

I had put Alexis' new Tinkerbell bedding on her bed and she was all into that before she even noticed the new car bed, which was good.

So now this is Logan's new bed. Alexis has already slept with him in it and it is the designated play area for non-sleep times. Although, I must tell you that I have already had to sleep overnight in the bed with Logan to keep him in his bed and Alexis in hers and during naptime. We'll see how long I have to lay down in that thing before the novelty kind of wears off.

I am currently decorating the walls and will post the finished bedroom as soon as I am done.

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

Cute Bed! Now, where is the video of Logan??? Smiling, I'm anxious to see the video.