Friday, August 29, 2008

Too Much of a Good Thing

With as much zucchini bread as I make for my family (it is a favorite here), who would think that I would get totally burnt out on baking it.

I did.

You see, my Aunt Ginger's neighbor grows a garden and they gave her some zucchini out of it. They were kind of massive zucchini so Ginger gave one to me in the hopes that I could do something with it.

Check this puppy out! It was totally gynormous!

When shredded it totally filled up the 9 cup capacity of my food processor which translates to 6 loaves of zucchini bread. I was baking that bread for hours yesterday!

Three loaves went into the deep freezer, one was eaten, one is out for this weeks consumption and one went to a neighbor. Maybe I should be happy my zucchini plant turned out to be a cucumber plant.

2 comments:

Laura and the family said...

It is a good idea to do some gardening experiencing. Let us know if you are in any luck of growing vegetables.

Anonymous said...

Got some rubarb too. Let me know if you want some.