Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Fever


Olympic fever has hit! Although I missed the opening ceremony last Friday due to very important visiting family from Texas (I am still hoping they re-broadcast at some point), I have been an avid watcher the rest of the weekend. My DVR is filled with hours of Olympic footage. Katya and I are hard core Olympic fans so while Bob cleaned the garage and did other stuff, we had our noses pressed up against the TV in awe of these amazing athletes.

Some of my favorites right now :

- Men's & Women's basketball (how awesome was that game with China against Ming?)
- Men's & Women's swimming (just how many records weren't broken? Go Zimbabwe. Didn't think they would have a swim team for some reason. Silly me.)
- Men's rings (INSANE!!)
- Women's gymnastics (poor USA with all the errors. But they qualified so they can still come back.)
- Women's bicycling (The UK coming in to grab the gold at the last minute!! So exciting.)

Some stuff we watched just because it was the Olympics and we watch everything:

- Women's badmitton. Didn't even know it was an olympic sport.
- Men's boxing. Just because we didn't realize at first that other sports were being broadcast on other stations.

It has been so insanely exciting! I totally support my home team (go USA!) but I can't help but get excited when some little country has an amazing athlete that comes out of nowhere to take a medal. That reminds me, I need to print out a world flag chart. I don't recognize all of them anymore!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm loving it too! I have a hard time turning the TV off at night. Usually at 12:30 I have to force myself! We were loving the women's beach volleyball last night!

Little Things said...

Deby, nbcolympics.com has video archives of EVERYTHING!!

Laura and the family said...

I especially like opening and closing ceremonies. David is already hooked the show especially the swimming events: earning so many metals.