Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Love is Gone

I'm talking toddler love here.

When we first came home from San Diego, the little ones were nothing but love, love and more love. They were so sweet to everyone it was hysterical. They missed being home.

- Constant kisses and hugs
- Lots of spontaneous snuggling
- Holding your cheeks so that they could gaze lovingly into your eyes before they kissed you again
- They would take turns kissing each other
- They would randomly hug each other and lay side by side

Well, those days are gone. It was a really nice little experience while it lasted. They are back to their same little selves again.

- Taking each other's toys
- Fighting over each other's food or vitamins
- Lots of pushing
- Occasional kicking or tripping
- Head locks instead of hugs
- Full contact diaper changes
- Lots of crying, complaining and general whininess.

Man, I hope I can figure out how to bring the love back without having to drive so much. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Laura and the family said...

Welcome to our boat! I have had the same problems with my two boys. There is love and hate relationship.

If they are mean to each others, give them a time-out. I did that to my kids. For example, just yesterday, they gave me a very bad attitude, especially Dylan. Ryan called me names. So, I took their privileges away, " No T.V for two days." I even warned them if they do it again, then " No computer game." They stopped for the evening.

If they are nice to each other, I treated them special like providing sugar free ice cream, take them to a free place they like as a part of the positive rewarding.

Laura and the family said...

Another suggestion is to get a timer. When my boys fight over the specific car or game, I set up the timer.