Sunday, August 24, 2008

Madras Air Show

I am a woman who likes a good airshow.

My mom used to take my brother and I to the Miramar Air Show in San Diego on a fairly regular basis. It is massive. We would park way out and trudge our way in, roast under the always hot sun and have the BEST time looking at all the airplanes classic to stealth fighter and the airshow was always something to oooh and aaah about.

I had taken Katya several times myself, only I bought the VIP tickets through Qualcomm so we parked on the tarmack and were served food in a covered tent. Ahhh, those luxuries I used to enjoy.

Well, now that I am a full blown Oregonian we decided to go to the Madras Air Show. I had seen the signs on my many walks around Bend and we put it on the calendar. My hubby, having a pilot's license, always wants to go to an airshow.

It was so much like when I was little. We had to park way the heck out, we roasted in the hot sun and enjoyed some nice aircraft. There was also a really nice small classic car show at the same time. The airshow itself was really awesome! A cool sailplane demo, a fly over by some military jets (I miss the sound of afterburners for some reason), some insane guy from Canada that was doing all kinds of crazy stuff.... way cool. We had to leave early because we were WAY past naptime, but it was worth it. Logan never really noticed that there were planes in the air - but Alexis did!

All in all - a way cool airshow! If you are a local, I suggest you check it out next year. It is only $5 a person for a full days worth of fun (kids 12 and under are free).

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

Oh good, I'm glad you guys went out for Air Show for only $5 per person. Not a bad price. Also, it was a perfect day for all of you.

Since you are the woman who likes to go out for Air Show, I should call you "Amelia Earhart's II" Fan.