Monday, March 19, 2007

Teething

Teething. This word is equated with sleepless nights and grumpy kids. It is right on the money.



My adorable little Alexis is finally getting some teeth. Poor thing didn't even have the hopes of a tooth on her first birthday. In the past two months she finally got two on the bottom and two are starting to come in on the top. They are the slowest teeth to ever come in on a kid that I know of. The whole process of getting these teeth is horribly painful and time consuming. Imagine, two months to get two teeth in most of the way and two more starting to come in.



Needless to say, my normally happy little girl that is all smiles is getting quite grumpy. Depending on when we give her Motrin during the day, exactly eight hours later she is screaming. Time of night is no different. I would say that pretty much every night for the past two months she has woken up screaming or crying between 2 & 4 am. It is tough on everyone in the house.



I just hope that the rest of her teeth decide to come in a bit more quickly. Not only is it tough on Alexis, she is missing out on all kinds of fabulous foods because she can't chew stuff that is too crunchy. I'm guessing that by the time this little lady gets all of her teeth in, Logan will start getting his. I should buy stock in Infant Motrin.

1 comment:

Mandee said...

Jack's bottom 2 teeth just came through this week... I so hear you on the motrin. Can we all get a dose of that?